To help keep Ross River safe in 2021, Ross River Dena Council (RRDC) is introducing new measures, new tools, and a new COVID-19 Action Plan (CAP) dedicated to community awareness and readiness for the journey ahead.
For those who are eager to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, there is good news. A mobile vaccination clinic will be visiting Ross River on February 4, and a follow-up visit is now being planned for March. Please watch for more information in the weeks ahead. If you have specific health-related questions or concerns, or wish to learn more about the vaccine, Council encourages you to contact your doctor or call the Ross River Health Centre at 969-4444 for more information.
As many elders and community members prepare for this opportunity, we are mindful that immunization may not be an option for everyone, such as youth under 18. So, what does this mean for Ross River? It means that some of us will still be vulnerable to COVID-19 in 2021. It means we must continue to follow the Safe 6 (+1) in 2021, and we must continue to respect and protect one another, and above all, we must continue to work together to keep Ross River safe.
With this in mind, as part of the 2021 COVID-19 Action Plan, RRDC has taken the following steps so far:
- In December, Council created the COVID-19 Action Plan (CAP) Working Group to help support planning activities, logistics, community awareness and COVID-19 readiness in 2021;
- Beginning in January, RRDC will be issuing Community Bulletins – like this one – that aim to provide all residents with important Ross River-specific information on a range of COVID-related topics;
- To assist community members who have questions about self-isolation, travel restrictions and available support services, Council has set up a new Ross River COVID-19 Support Line at 747-0099.
- Council has also set up a Community Zoom Room for safe gathering, online learning and community connections in 2021. Free training is available for anyone interested in learning how to use Zoom. Please call the Ross River COVID-19 Support Line at 747-0099 for more information; and
- This year RRDC will continue to post important COVID-19 information on our new website,www.rossriverdenacouncil.com including posters, FAQs, resources and more.
Please watch for additional Community Bulletins in the weeks and months ahead. If you would prefer to receive future Community Bulletins via email or text, please send your contact information to Verna Nukon at email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining the 2021 COVID-19 Action Plan Working Group, please contact co-chairs Verna Nukon or Dylan Loblaw at the RRDC Office at 969-2277 ext 8601.
Working together, let’s keep Ross River safe in 2021!
Ross River Dena Council