Feb 4 COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic – Hours Extended 10:30am – 4:30pm
The COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic will be set up at the Ross River School on Thursday, February 4, 2021 and was originally scheduled from 12:00 noon until 4:00pm, however the schedule has now been extended from 10:30am to 4:30pm to accommodate those who cannot get time off work. If you wish to get vaccinated, please visit www.yukon.ca to book your appointment or by calling 1-877-374-0425. You can also contact the Ross River Health Centre at 969-4444 for assistance as well.
Vaccine Questions or Concerns?
Ross River Dena Council encourages community members to ask lots of questions and to make informed decisions as we work to keep Ross River safe in 2021. If you have questions, here are some upcoming opportunities to ask an expert about the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of the February 4 clinic:
- If you have a personal health-related question (i.e. is this vaccine safe for me?), please contact a community nurse at the Ross River Health Centre by calling 969-4444;
- If you have questions or concerns about the virus, the vaccine and/or the clinic, an information booth will be set up at the General Store on Wednesday, February 3 and a representative from the Mobile COVID- 19 Vaccination Clinic be on location to answer any questions you may have.
Shuttle Service For Elders
Any elders who would like transportation to and from the clinic on February 4 please let us know by calling the Ross River COVID-19 Support Line at 747-0099 once you know the time of your appointment. If you would like assistance booking your appointment, please call 1-877-374-0425 or contact the Ross River Health Centre at 969-4444.
Anyone who may be interested in helping out on February 4 is asked to call the Ross River COVID-19 Support Line at 747-0099 or to send an email to email@example.com. We are hoping for two translators (1 Kaska, 1 Slavey) and any volunteers who can be available to assist elders on February 4.
Other Helpful Stuff
Here are some important links and numbers to assist community members at this time:
- To book your vaccination appointment online, visit www.yukon.ca/en/this-is-our-shot
- If you have community-specific questions about COVID-19 or have suggestions to help Keep RossRiver Safe in 2021, call the Ross River COVID-19 Support Line at 747-0099; and
- Visit www.rossriverdenacouncil.com for community posters, FAQs, helpful links and more.
This Community Bulletin was delivered via mail to every address in Ross River on January 28, 2021. If you would prefer to receive future Community Bulletins via email or text, please send your contact information to Councillor Verna Nukon at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in joining the RRDC 2021 COVID-19 Action Plan Working Group, please contact co-chairs Councillor Verna Nukon or Councillor Dylan Loblaw at the RRDC Office at 969-2277 ext 8601.
Ross River Dena Council