Current COVID-19 Situation in Ross River
Ross River Dena Council is aware of a possible case of COVID-19 involving a member of our community.
Council is working with our territorial partners to collect more information and encourages everyone to please remain calm and to take the following precautions over the next 48 hours as we gather more information:
- If you are not feeling well, self-isolate immediately and contact the Ross River Health Centre at 969-4444 to arrange for a COVID test as soon as possible;
- Avoid gatherings and please do not visit other households until more information is available;
- Avoid travelling to other communities until the current COVID-19 situation has improved – Council recommends that you only travel for essential reasons;
- Be mindful that COVID-19 can be passed from person to person via coughing, sneezing and other ways, which means it is extremely important to wear a mask that covers both your mouth and nose and continue to follow the Safe 6+1;
- Stay informed of current COVID-19 exposure notices by visiting www.yukon.ca;
Dena General Store Will Be Closed for 48 Hours as a Precaution
Be advised that due to concerns about a possible case in the community, the Dena General Store will be closed for the next 48 hours as a precaution. Plans are now under way to set up alternate services for those who may need groceries over the next few days.
If you wish to contact the store for more information or if you would like to set up Curbside pick-up or delivery, please call (867) 969-2280 or send an email to email@example.com.
Need Support? Need More Information?
Council recognizes that community members have a lot of questions right now, including questions about what to do if there is a case in the community. The RRDC COVID-19 Support Line at (867) 747-0099 was set up to support community members during these situations. These calls are confidential, and aim to provide community members with community-level information 24/7.
If you or someone you know has questions about the current situation or would like some assistance (such as grocery shopping, self-isolation support, etc.), please call the RRDC COVID-19 Support Line at (867) 747-0099.
Please watch for additional updates over the next 24 hours by visiting the Announcements section of our website at www.rossriverdenacouncil.com.