RRDC COVID-19 UPDATE:
COMMUNITY PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Dear RRDC Members,
During the COVID-19 situation Ross River Dena Council will continue to deliver a wide range of programs and services to members, however please be advised that all RRDC offices are temporarily closed to the public until further notice due to the current public health emergency.
This means instead of having face-to-face meetings or dropping by to pick up documents, we are now introducing physical distancing solutions to help keep everyone as safe as possible. For example, here are some of the new process and procedures in place to help keep everyone safe:
- Rather than stopping by our offices, we ask that you please call or email our staff to receive instructions about how best to access programs/services at this time;
- Contact information is presented below, or you can visit our staff directory in the Contact Us section for additional contact information;
- Visit this website regularly to see if there are any new programs and services, or to see if there are any changes to the existing programs and services;
- You may see that essential RRDC staff is still working at our offices, however we ask that you please do not stop by for a visit unless you have been instructed to do so by a member of our team;
- With our new website up and running, we will be adding downloadable forms that you can print, sign and return via email; and
- We will be encouraging all members and staff to please follow the advice of public health officials and take precautions whenever possible. This includes practicing physical distancing, washing your hands frequently and working from home, if possible. To learn more about the current public health emergency in Yukon, please visit our COVID-19 page.
Thank you for your cooperation and support. Our team remains committed to delivering programs and services to the community and will do our best to accommodate all RRDC members during the COVID-19 emergency. Please review the information below and contact our team if you have any questions or would like more information.
Chief and Council
Our Capital team delivers programs and services dedicated to sustainable housing, clean drinking water, emergency management as well as community infrastructure projects that contribute to a healthy, safe and prosperous community.
Ted Charlie or Franklin Charlie
867-969-2277 / 2278 ext. 203
Our Education programming is dedicated to supporting First Nations elementary, secondary and post-secondary education. Funding is available to assist students and educators, support partnerships, and foster important culture and language initiatives.
867-969-2277 / 2278 ext. 206
A suite of programs offering support for family health, mental health, health care services and non-insured benefits that are not covered through other social programs, private insurance plans or provincial or territorial health insurance coverage.
Janie Lee Silas
867-334-2192 / 8713
Dena Nezziddi Development Corporation leads the development and implementation of a wide range of community economic development initiatives, and works to maximize local participation in resource development, tourism and other key sectors.
We are a small community, and we support one another. If you or someone you know is struggling or needs assistance, please contact our office to see if there may be a program or service that can help.
Find us at:
Ross River Dena Council
Ross River, YT Y0B 1S0
Telephone: (867) 969-2277/2278 ext. 200
Fax: (867) 969-2405
Administration Office / Margaret Thomson Centre
Monday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Restricted Access)
Tuesday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Restricted Access)
Wednesday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Restricted Access)
Thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Restricted Access)
Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Restricted Access)